Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Paul Ramirez <pr...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/10/17 22:31:00 UTC

Issue with Boosting Fields

Hi All,

Recently, I have downloaded and have been using Nutch. I am making a custom
application that has required me to write a parse and index plugin. After
getting these to work I decided I wanted to boost some of the fields I was
indexing so I followed the Wiki example
(http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample) that talks about
creating an Indexer extension that adjusts the boosted value of a field.
However, following this example I do a crawl and the fields do not show up
as boosted in the index. I am using Luke to examine the index produced by
Nutch. Instead, all fields have the default boost of 1.0. Is there some
configuration that overrides the IndexerPlugin setting the boost on a field
level basis?

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez

RE: Issue with Boosting Fields

Posted by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net>.

If I remember correctly the scoring plug-in overrides the boost value that
was set in the index filter. The wiki sample is too old :(. You need to
write your own scoring plug-in (which is very simple BTW).

Gal.