Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Erwin Bolwidt <ej...@klomp.org> on 2001/09/07 14:48:20 UTC

Synchronized DOM?

Hi,

I'd like to access the same DOM tree from different Threads. This
involves both read-only access and node insertions/removals.

Is Xerces thread-safe in this respect?
If not, has anyone been working on this? I imagine one could mimic the
Collections API method java.util.Collections.synchronizedCollection, i.e.
some method org.apache.xerces.Documents.synchronizedDocument(Document doc).

- Erwin

Re: Synchronized DOM?

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Erwin,

Erwin Bolwidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to access the same DOM tree from different Threads. This
> involves both read-only access and node insertions/removals.
>
> Is Xerces thread-safe in this respect?

The Xerces DOM is not thread-safe. You'll have to add thread-safety in
your
application.

Elena.