Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2001/06/17 04:22:45 UTC

Size of the site...

Bummer... The JAKARTA site, is more than 3 freakin' gigs...
We should definitely _do_ something... I'll look in where all the rubbish
is...

    Pier

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:18, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Another idea would be to reduce the number of nightlies created by gump.
> > Currently gump creates 7 nightlies per project. We could reduce this to two
> > (or three) *successful* builds.
>
> Also reducing the number of formats downloadable in would be useful.
> Currently it is available in
>
> tar-compress (.tar.Z)
> tar-gzip (.tar.gz)
> zip (.zip)
>
> Most modern unixes have gzip so we could probably delete tar-compress. (it
> takes up almost double each of the other formats aswell).

Yeah, removing the tar.Z would be ok with me.  It looks like most
projects only keep the last week of nightly builds available for
download.  I'll volunteer to make this happen for jakarta-taglibs.

Glenn

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:18, Peter Donald wrote:
> Another idea would be to reduce the number of nightlies created by gump.
> Currently gump creates 7 nightlies per project. We could reduce this to two
> (or three) *successful* builds.

Also reducing the number of formats downloadable in would be useful.
Currently it is available in

tar-compress (.tar.Z)
tar-gzip (.tar.gz)
zip (.zip)

Most modern unixes have gzip so we could probably delete tar-compress. (it
takes up almost double each of the other formats aswell).

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Jon Stevens at jon@latchkey.com wrote:

> on 6/17/01 7:12 PM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:
>
>> Yep... I noticed. But if we want to have that site mirrored, we should do
>> something before hands... What about creating a "historic.apache.org", were
>> older releases are archived, and keeping only the last 2/3 ones on the main
>> web sites???
>>
>>   Pier
>
> Thanks for volunteering. :-)

I hate this guy :) :) :)

    Pier

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/17/01 7:12 PM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:

> Yep... I noticed. But if we want to have that site mirrored, we should do
> something before hands... What about creating a "historic.apache.org", were
> older releases are archived, and keeping only the last 2/3 ones on the main
> web sites???
>
>   Pier

Thanks for volunteering. :-)

-jon

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Size of the site...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft