Posted to commits@lucy.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/07/13 07:07:32 UTC

[lucy-commits] [Lucy Wiki] Update of "LucyBookClub" by LoganBell

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucy Wiki" for change notification.

The "LucyBookClub" page has been changed by LoganBell:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/LucyBookClub

New page:
'''Contents''' (up to the 2nd level)
<<TableOfContents(2)>>

== Agenda ==
The Lucy Book Club is open to anyone who is interested in search, parsing, compilers, and Lucy in general. We are reading through the book ''[[http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-Pragmatics-Third-Edition/dp/0123745144/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342155294&sr=8-1&keywords=programming+language+pragmatics|Programming Languages Pragmatics]]'', by Michael L Scott.

== Schedule ==

We currently meet weekly on Tuesday evenings at 19:00 PDT. The meeting takes place online with Google video chat. For more information on how to access the chat room log into irc.freenode.net/#lucy and ask for an invite.

== Where To Get Information ==

irc.freenode.net/#lucy

[[mailto:dev@lucy.apache.org|dev@lucy.apache.org]]

== Upcoming Meetings ==

=== Tuesday July 17, 7:00 pm PDT: ===

{{{

    2.1 Specifying Syntax: Regular Expressions and Context-Free Grammars
        2.1.1 Tokens and Regular Expressions
        2.1.2 Context-Free Grammars
        2.1.3 Derivations and Parse Trees
    2.2 Scanning
        2.2.1 Generating a Finite Automaton
        2.2.2 Scanner Code
        2.2.3 Table-Driven Scanning
        2.2.4 Lexical Errors
        2.2.5 Pragmas
}}}

=== Tuesday July 24, 7:00 pm PDT: ===

{{{
    2.3 Parsing
        2.3.1 Recursive Descent
        2.3.2 Table-Driven Top-Down Parsing
        2.3.3 Bottom-Up Parsing
        2.3.4 Syntax Errors
}}}

== Community Notes ==

Below are an excerpt of notes from previous meetings and or anything of interest related to the meetings.

=== 07-12-12 Meeting ===

Had discussions surrounding the '''Check your understanding''' sections on pages 16, 25, and 35.