Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/04/13 00:04:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] 2.3.0 release

Hi all,

I'd like to volunteer to be the release manager for the our next feature release, the 2.3 release.

If that sounds good, I'll post a release plan on Monday.

cheers,
Colin

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.3.0 release

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Here are the proposed dates for the 2.3 release.

1) KIP Freeze: May 8, 2019.

A KIP must be accepted by this date in order to be considered for this
release)

2) Feature Freeze: May 15, 2019

Major features merged & working on stabilization, minor features have
PR, release branch cut; anything not in this state will be automatically
moved to the next release in JIRA.

3) Code Freeze: May 29, 2019

The KIP and feature freeze date is about 2-3 weeks from now. Please plan
accordingly for the features you want push into Apache Kafka 2.3.0 release.

4) Release Date: June 12, 2019 (tentative)

The recent Kafka release history can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan.
The release plan (with open issues and planned KIPs) for 2.3.0 can be
found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112820648

best,
Colin