Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/14 08:24:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Graduation of Apache Joshua

Dear all,

at Apache Joshua podling we discussed and voted a while back for the
graduation of the project to TLP [1]. It then took a while to take it up to
the next step of coming up with a draft resolution [2] and bring it to this
list.
So please help us drive Apache Joshua to TLP.

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] : https://markmail.org/message/j36u7q7z6fqc7svi
[2] :

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to

the public, related to statistical and other forms of machine

translation.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Joshua Project",

Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Joshua Project be and hereby is

related to statistical and other forms of machine translation;

and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Joshua" be

and hereby is created, the person holding such office to

serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair

of the Apache Joshua Project, and to have primary responsibility

for management of the projects within the scope of

responsibility of the Apache Joshua Project; and be it further

Apache Joshua Project:

* Tom Barber                                  <ma...@apache.org>

* Thamme Gowda                           <th...@apache.org>

* Felix Hieber                                 <fh...@apache.org>

* Lewis John McGibbney             <le...@apache.org>

* Chris Mattmann                         <ma...@apache.org>

* Matt Post                                     <mj...@apache.org>

* Paul Ramirez                               <pr...@apache.org>

* Henry Saputra                            <hs...@apache.org>

* Kellen Sunderland                     <ke...@apache.org>

* Tommaso Teofili                        <to...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tommaso Teofili

be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Joshua to

serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the

death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,

or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Joshua PMC be and hereby is

tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to

encourage open development and increased participation in the

Apache Joshua Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Joshua Project be and hereby

Incubator Joshua podling; and be it further

Incubator Joshua podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Graduation of Apache Joshua

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 Looking forward to this!

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
I agree, this makes sense to me.