Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au> on 2013/08/21 01:12:25 UTC

TimestampFilter Performance [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL

Is the TimestampFilter an efficient means of filtering results by time ranges?  I have the option of extending the existing rowid's, currently pre-fixed with yyyymmdd, to include hhmm also, or make use of the TimestampFilter.  In a quick google search someone mentioned that the TimestampFilter was inefficient is this correct?

Matt

RE: TimestampFilter Performance [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Posted by Dave Marion <dl...@comcast.net>.
It will be more efficient to narrow the set of keys to evaluate than look at
all of them and evaluate the timestamp.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Correct, this would be inefficient. Timestamps on Accumulo keys are
there primarily to support multiple versions of the same key. Users
should avoid setting them manually, or using them for other purposes,
without very careful consideration.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii