Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Billy O'Connell <bi...@tanval.com> on 2006/12/15 00:33:53 UTC

Weblog Navbar

Hello,

I am new to this mailing list.  I have set up roller 3.0:
Roller Version: 3.0
Application server:Jboss-4.0.5
Database:Oracle 10g
Java: 1.5.0_01
O.S:RHEL 4.0
Browser:Firefox

I am going through the user guide and how to set up different things, but I notice that my weblog navbar only contains the following:

Navigation

    * Front Page
    * Weblog
    * New Entry
    * Settings
    * Logout

In the documentation, it seems there are many options that I do not have, such as:
Create & Edit:New Entry
Create & Edit:Edit Entries
Create & Edit:Categories
Create & Edit:Bookmarks
Create & Edit:Uploads
Create & Edit:Referers
Preferences:Settings
Preferences:Theme
Preferences:Templates
Preferences:Members
Preferences:Pings
Preferences:Custom Ping Targets

It seems without these links I am unable to setup my blog as I wish.  Is there some property I need to edit to have these appear?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Billy

Re: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Emily Lynema <em...@ncsu.edu>.
Billy,

Are you an official administrator for the roller installation? Based on
my experience with roller 2.1, I don't think the extended menu options
appear unless you are, even if you are logged in.

-emily lynema

--
Emily Lynema
Systems Librarian for Digital Projects

Re: Weblog Navbar

Re: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Richard Jones <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Billy,

Check-out the roller30-template-guide.pdf and you can see all the
macros available.

The following macro supplies the navbar you currently see:

#showPageMenu($model.weblog)

The additional nav links are available using this macro:

#showAuthorMenu(true)

Cheers,

Richard

On 14/12/06, Billy O'Connell <bi...@tanval.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this mailing list.  I have set up roller 3.0:
> Roller Version: 3.0
> Application server:Jboss-4.0.5
> Database:Oracle 10g
> Java: 1.5.0_01
> O.S:RHEL 4.0
> Browser:Firefox
>
> I am going through the user guide and how to set up different things, but I notice that my weblog navbar only contains the following:
>
> Navigation
>
>     * Front Page
>     * Weblog
>     * New Entry
>     * Settings
>     * Logout
>

> In the documentation, it seems there are many options that I do not have, such as:
> Create & Edit:New Entry
> Create & Edit:Edit Entries
> Create & Edit:Categories
> Create & Edit:Bookmarks
> Create & Edit:Uploads
> Create & Edit:Referers
> Preferences:Settings
> Preferences:Theme
> Preferences:Templates
> Preferences:Members
> Preferences:Pings
> Preferences:Custom Ping Targets
>
> It seems without these links I am unable to setup my blog as I wish.  Is there some property I need to edit to have these appear?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Billy

RE: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Er...@sanofipasteur.com.
These are only shortcuts.
You have access to them through "settings".

Eric

[...]

"Cette communication (y compris les pieces jointes) est reservee a l'usage exclusif du destinataire (des destinataires) et peut contenir des informations privilegiees, confidentielles, exemptees de divulgation selon la loi ou protegees par les droits d'auteur. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire, toute utilisation, divulgation, distribution, reproduction, examen ou copie (totale ou partielle) est non-autorisee et peut etre illegale. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Sanofi Pasteur decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message. Merci.
This transmission (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information including trade secrets which are privileged, confidential, exempt from disclosure under applicable law and/or subject to copyright. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, review or copying (either whole or partial) is unauthorized and may be unlawful. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.Sanofi Pasteur shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion. Thank you."

Antwort: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com>.
Hi Bill,

There are different templates which show one-or another way how the pages
can be set up.

Some do only include the Weblog - Menu - others also include the
Author-Menu.

However, to get it in your Template just add this piece of code :

        #if( $utils.isUserAuthenticated() )
                   #showAuthorMenu(true)
        #end

It also makes sure it is only shown when a user is loged in.

best regards

Thomas Hofmann

"Billy O'Connell" <bi...@tanval.com> schrieb am 15/12/2006
00:33:53:

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.