Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Jan Sindberg <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 22:48:09 UTC

Write access in Confluence

Hi,

We would like to start using Confluence for Fortress documentation and
development documents. Shawn McKinney have created a space. Is there a way
for me to be allowed to edit within that space? Shawn have added me to edit
restrictions for the space, but there must be some additional
permission-management restricting me from doing anything beyond reading.
Also, can Shawn be allowed to create and manage one or more Confluence
user-groups that can be used for restriction management in this space?

// Jan

Re: Write access in Confluence

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Feb 16, 2016, at 3:48 PM, Jan Sindberg <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We would like to start using Confluence for Fortress documentation and development documents. Shawn McKinney have created a space. Is there a way for me to be allowed to edit within that space? Shawn have added me to edit restrictions for the space, but there must be some additional permission-management restricting me from doing anything beyond reading.
> Also, can Shawn be allowed to create and manage one or more Confluence user-groups that can be used for restriction management in this space?

I created a child page under directory category:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/directory/Fortress

The idea is to use this as the starting place where doc can be added for testing and using of the fortress components.  The idea is this facilitates easy edits which is why we’re using wiki instead of the directory project page.

So if this is agreeable to everyone I would like to get Jan added to the list of users allowed to make changes under this space.

Regards,

Shawn