Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Koen Weyn <ko...@uia.ua.ac.be> on 2000/02/04 18:19:30 UTC

handler not found

Hi all,

I am trying to get cocoon 1.6.1 running on an Apache webserver with jserv. I
added cocoon as handler for xml-files to jserv.conf, but when I point my web
browser to an xml file, Apache's error_log says:
- handler "cocoon" not found for file.xml
Has anybody already experienced this error, or knows what it means, because
I can't seem to find the configuration error.

Thanks a lot in advance

Koen Weyn
E-mail: koenweyn@uia.ac.be

Re: handler not found

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Koen Weyn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get cocoon 1.6.1 running on an Apache webserver with jserv. I
> added cocoon as handler for xml-files to jserv.conf, but when I point my web
> browser to an xml file, Apache's error_log says:
> - handler "cocoon" not found for file.xml
> Has anybody already experienced this error, or knows what it means, because
> I can't seem to find the configuration error.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance

It means that the Cocoon servlet is not loaded and/or Jserv can't find the
class file.  Your really need to give more information (like the relevant
part of JServ.conf) to be able to figure something like this out

mike