Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/11 16:19:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r834900 - in /httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk: Makefile.apxs configure.apxs

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM,  <tr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: trawick
> Date: Wed Nov 11 15:13:31 2009
> New Revision: 834900

> Log:
> Follow up the awk compatibility fix in r834729 by selecting the most
> suitable awk, following the AC_PROG_AWK order (gawk, mawk, nawk, awk).
> As with AC_PROG_AWK, AWK=foo overrides.
>
> After r834729 a working conf was generated on Solaris when using
> /usr/bin/awk, but only by some fluke of command-line processing
> (-v was sort-of ignored; see PR for discussion).  Also, the LoadModule
> wasn't added in the right spot due to awk engine differences.

Any comments on this before I integrate it into mod_ftp?

I know of at least one remaining ugly: on Solaris 10, the tests for
missing awks result in a couple of

xxx: not found

before it settles on nawk.  I didn't see how to squelch stderr with
/bin/sh, and I didn't want to follow AC_PROG_AWK's lead on parsing
PATH and checking for file existence in each PATH dir.