Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ravi Puri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 12:59:41 UTC

Address bind error

I got the below error as i am running tomcat server at localhost and also the
ignite-config.xml at same host. is this the problem due to this? or is it
something error not related to i mentioned above??

WARNING: FAILED ServerConnector@e11eade{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8080}:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:321)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:80)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:236)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:366)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.protocols.http.jetty.GridJettyRestProtocol.startJetty(GridJettyRestProtocol.java:220)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.protocols.http.jetty.GridJettyRestProtocol.start(GridJettyRestProtocol.java:177)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.GridRestProcessor.startProtocol(GridRestProcessor.java:861)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.GridRestProcessor.startHttpProtocol(GridRestProcessor.java:832)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.rest.GridRestProcessor.start(GridRestProcessor.java:447)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startProcessor(IgniteKernal.java:1518)

Re: Address bind error

Posted by Alisher Alimov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Ignite uses Jetty server to provide HTTP Rest API and seems that you bind Ignite REST server on same port as Tomcat

You can find more information about it here: http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/configuration

With best regards
Alisher Alimov
alimovalisher@gmail.com