Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/28 21:30:16 UTC

Simplifying TomEE packaging/versioning

Wondering if maybe we should just have one zip (Tomcat 7) cleanly called:

  apache-tomee-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

Which unzips to:

  apache-tomee-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

We still have the drop in war, so people can easily do any version of Tomcat they want.  We won't actually be able to certify the Tomcat 6.x version anyway.

Should speed up our build a bit too.

Thoughts?

-David

Re: Simplifying TomEE packaging/versioning

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> +1 - I agree, and removing the other TomEE build will mean we can make that
> directory structure much simpler.

Ok, yanked it and updated the zip name.  Didn't have time to fiddle with the dir structure though.

-David

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 - I agree, and removing the other TomEE build will mean we can make that
directory structure much simpler.

Jon