Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com> on 2012/05/01 22:34:51 UTC

Webcam video during meeting

Hi all:

Is the webcam video in OM handled by using RTMP to make direct peer-to-peer
connections between users, rather than sending everything through the
server?  Just checking on this since I understand that once the server side
authenticates the users and make the connections between them, Flash Player
handles the rest. And this expedites the transfer of the webcam data.

Thanks for your help.

Dan
--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Whiteboard presentation screen sync with Presenter and Attendees

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Hi,

Re: Whiteboard presentation screen sync of shared A4 document between Presenter and Attendees

1) When attendees log in they are unable to adjust their Whiteboard to fit the screen or to set to a particular zoom setting.  For the Presenter/Moderator to give attendees the ability to adjust the Whiteboard zoom, the attendees are also given the ability two draw on the Whiteboard and to change slides, which is often not a great idea as attendees may change slides at the wrong time, or mess up the screen.  Could there be another option that simply and only, allows the users to manage their Whiteboard view's zoom setting?

2) I would like the Moderator to have the ability adjust a zoom setting that will then apply to all the attendees PCs.  I find that if all the attendees set they zoom to the same value then the Moderator can scroll the screen and all the attendees screens scroll in sync. Of course screens that have 1920x1080 see more information than those who have 1024x764, but the scrolling in sync works well. Especially if the Moderator has the lowest resolution screen of all the people in the meeting (e.g. if the Moderator sets their screen to 1024x768.

Please let me know if you like either of these ideas or if you see that there could be issues with either of these ideas.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Re: Webcam video during meeting

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
NAT traversal worked fine. Application should work under Linux or -
that's just a standard flash application.

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.
Alexei

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
Thank you to everyone who responded regarding this issue. I think this
would be a useful upgrade to OpenMeetings at some point, since it would
improve the end user experience. I am not an engineer so I don't claim to
have an understanding of the mechanics of making this happen. While this is
not critical for my purposes, I would be happy to do what I can to make it
happen. So please let me know.

Best.

Dan

Posted by Sergey Kobzar <se...@itcraft.org>.