Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io> on 2017/02/24 09:14:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.2.0 (rc2)

Dear Mesos developers and users,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 1.2.0.

1.2.0 includes the following:
  * [MESOS-5931] - **Experimental** Support auto backend in Mesos
Containerizer,
    prefering overlayfs then aufs. Please note that the bind backend needs
to be
    specified explicitly through the agent flag
'--image_provisioner_backend'
    since it requires the sandbox already existed.

  * [MESOS-6402] - **Experimental** Add rlimit support to Mesos
containerizer.
    The isolator adds support for setting POSIX resource limits (rlimits)
for
    containers launched using the Mesos containerizer. POSIX rlimits can be
used
    to control the resources a process can consume. See `docs/
posix_rlimits.md`
    for details.

  * [MESOS-6419] - **Experimental** Teardown unregistered frameworks. The
master
    now treats recovered frameworks very similarly to frameworks that are
registered
    but currently disconnected. For example, recovered frameworks will be
reported
    via the normal "frameworks" key when querying HTTP endpoints. This
means there
    is no longer a concept of "orphan tasks": if the master knows about a
task, the
    task will be running under a framework. Similarly, "teardown"
operations on
    recovered frameworks will now work correctly.

  * [MESOS-6460] - **Experimental** Container Attach and Exec. This feature
adds
    new Agent APIs for attaching a remote client to the stdin, stdout, and
stderr
    of a running Mesos task, as well as an API for launching new processes
inside
    the same container as a running Mesos task and attaching to its stdin,
stdout,
    and stderr. At a high level, these APIs mimic functionality similar to
docker
    attach and docker exec. The primary motivation for such functionality
is to
    enable users to debug their running Mesos tasks.

  * [MESOS-6758] - **Experimental** Support 'Basic' auth docker private
registry
    on Mesos Containerizer. Until now, the mesos containerizer always
assumed
    Bearer auth, but we now also support basic auth for private registries.
Please
    note that the AWS ECS uses Basic authorization but it does not work yet
due to
    the redirect issue MESOS-5172.

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=1.2.0-rc2

The candidate for Mesos 1.2.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.2.0-rc2/mesos-1.2.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 1.2.0-rc2:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=1.2.0-rc2

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.2.0-rc2/mesos-1.2.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.2.0-rc2/mesos-1.2.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1180

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 1.2.0!

The vote is open until Wed Mar 1 18:00 PST 2017 and passes if a majority of
at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 1.2.0

-Adam-

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.2.0 (rc2)

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)

Deployed on a small-ish test cluster for about a week.  Monitoring of
that test cluster has not caught any problems with Mesos.

Also confirmed that this SSL socket FD leak does not affect Mesos,
except in tests: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-6919

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.