Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Nuwan Abeysiriwardana <nu...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/28 14:43:44 UTC

use calcite table for relation and stream queries.

Hi All,
 i'm trying to find a way  to use same table for streaming and relation
queries both.i was able to do  this functionality last year with some old
release(can't remember the version), but i couldn't find a way to do that
in new release(1.13.0).
 in calcite home page i have found this statement.
'Orders is special, in that it has both a stream and a table.'

i'm hoping this statement still valid.

thanks
nuwan

Re: use calcite table for relation and stream queries.

Posted by Nuwan Abeysiriwardana <nu...@gmail.com>.
hi julian,

i have copied testStream function  and rename it as testStream2 in the
StreamTest.java. then i have removed 'stream' keyword from the query. it
gave me following error.
org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Cannot convert
stream 'ORDERS' to relation

thanks
nuwan

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.