Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinny <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2000/04/10 15:17:33 UTC

Tomcat shutdown

when I do a bin/shutdown.sh
I get messages sayning that the server has shut down
but when I do a subsequent  bin/startup.sh
I get a message that the address is already in use.
well...yeah, by my main apache server. I have to do
a killall java to get Tomcat to start up again.
the only problem is that keeps killing my NFC chat
server. It was down all weekend before I realized.
now I just restart NFC after I killall java for
tomcat.
Thanks for everyone's help thus far.
--
Vincent Stoessel-vinny@blendermania.com
Xaymaca Studios http://www.blendermania.com

Re: Tomcat shutdown

Posted by Juan Alvarez Ferrando <ja...@oviedo.syseca.es>.
Vinny wrote:

> Cool. Thanks.
> Also, is there a parameter for server.xml to specify
> an IP address that Tomcat should be running on?

Yes, look at the Connector element for port=8007. That's the default
port.
If running with Apache, you must also change tomcat.conf or whatever
file
you include into http.conf for Tomcat/JServ configuration, cause there
is
also a reference to that port in JServ's configuration
"ApJServDefaultPort 8007".

Juan Alvarez Ferrando

Re: Tomcat shutdown

Posted by Vinny <vi...@xaymaca.com>.