Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ulrich Metzger <ul...@muehlgasse.de> on 2008/05/05 19:47:12 UTC

authorization with mailserver not possible when using continuum 1.1 war on tomcat 6.0

Hi List,
i have continuum 1.1 up and running with tomcat 6.0 and
want to change the default mailserver (localhost) to use googles mailserver
instead.
So i adapted the continuum.xml in the conf/Catalina/localhost/  section to
feed my needs, using the properties according to the example found in the
FAQ.

With this configuration i was not possible to authenticate against the
mailserver. An Exception is thrown every time an E-Mail should be sended.
The same problem occurs when i tried to authenticate against
smtp.1und1.dewhich does not require encrypted password authentication.

Does anyone had success with configuring GMail or 1und1 Mailserver with
Continuum running as webapp on Tomcat? It seems to me, that the password
property does not get used to configure the mailsession.

Uli