Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 12:55:06 UTC

devcloud hanging

LS,

I tried both the devcloud and devcloud2 images. both seem to hang when
started with the default (xen) kernel.
I am running macosx 10.6.8 and virtualbox 4.2.12
I enabled pae

In both cases it hangs right after loading initial ramdisk.

Is there any clue I am missing?

thanks
--

<http://daan.sbpad6.nl/>

RE: devcloud hanging

Posted by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com>.
Running 32 bit macosx was the problem. I overlooked the line where it mentioned this from all the docs. Macosx 10.6 works fine.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: devcloud hanging

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 17, 2013, at 6:55 AM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> LS,
>
> I tried both the devcloud and devcloud2 images. both seem to hang when started with the default (xen) kernel.
> I am running macosx 10.6.8 and virtualbox 4.2.12
> I enabled pae
>
> In both cases it hangs right after loading initial ramdisk.
>
> Is there any clue I am missing?

enable nested paging ?
enable VT-X ?
enable IO APIC ?