Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de> on 2009/07/27 17:37:35 UTC

Missing text parts in pdf

Hi everybody,

I have a PDF (http://www.geneon.de/test/P0801260.pdf) which is included in another PDF, once through iText and once through FOP and PDFBox. When including it through FOP, I can only see part of the content. As you can see in this screenshot (http://www.geneon.de/test/fop.jpg), part of the text is missing in the right (FOP-)document which is visible in the left (iText-)Document.

Any guess about a reason for this is highly welcome.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

AW: Missing text parts in pdf

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information. Do you know whether somebody is working on that?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

there is a knowm issue with fonts embedded as subset. See [1] for more details.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-490

Re: Missing text parts in pdf

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi Georg,

Re: Missing text parts in pdf

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Georg, I suggested you send this to the PDFBox mailing list, not here.
This list is not likely to help you with this.

On 27.07.2009 17:37:35 Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a PDF (http://www.geneon.de/test/P0801260.pdf) which is included
> in another PDF, once through iText and once through FOP and PDFBox.
> When including it through FOP, I can only see part of the content. As you can
> see in this screenshot (http://www.geneon.de/test/fop.jpg), part of the
> text is missing in the right (FOP-)document which is visible in the
> left (iText-)Document.
>
> Any guess about a reason for this is highly welcome.

Jeremias Maerki