Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Tseytlin, Keren" <Ke...@capitalone.com> on 2016/11/09 21:34:30 UTC

Zeppelin with Separate Spark Connection

Hi All,

I’ve just set up Zeppelin, and I’ve also set up my own Spark with connection to Alluxio. I installed Zeppelin using the binary. When I use Zeppelin, it seems to be using some internal Spark, not the one that I set up. What configurations should I set in order to make the notebooks and Spark jobs execute on my own Spark?

I edited zeppelin-env.sh and added SPARK_HOME, but that caused anything I tried to run in my notebook just shoot back “ERROR” with no output.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Best,
Keren

Re: Zeppelin with Separate Spark Connection

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Tseytlin, Keren <
Keren.Tseytlin@capitalone.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I’ve just set up Zeppelin, and I’ve also set up my own Spark with
> connection to Alluxio. I installed Zeppelin using the binary. When I use
> Zeppelin, it seems to be using some internal Spark, not the one that I set
> up. What configurations should I set in order to make the notebooks and
> Spark jobs execute on my own Spark?
>

> I edited zeppelin-env.sh and added SPARK_HOME, but that caused anything I
> tried to run in my notebook just shoot back “ERROR” with no output.
>

> Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
>

> Best,
>
> Keren

Try updating the following in zeppelin-env.sh
export MASTER="spark://spark-02.softlayer.com:7077"
export SPARK_HOME=/opt/spark-1.6.2-bin-hadoop2.6

And then on the ui, update the spark interpreter configuration to have
master url properly configured.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Zeppelin with Separate Spark Connection

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Keren,

Have you tried to set 'master' property in 'interpreter' GUI menu?

Basically, set SPARK_HOME env variable and 'master' property would enough
for basic configuration.

Please take a look
http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.6.2/interpreter/spark.html#2-set-master-in-interpreter-menu
 .

You're tring Zeppelin 0.6.2, right?

Thanks,
moon

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 1:35 PM Tseytlin, Keren <