Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br> on 2014/12/01 01:42:44 UTC

Re: [ALL] Do we need help?

Hello Benedikt!
I guess I'm being too cautious to commit or work on issues in other components :)
I'll slowly start working on [jelly] to port the changes made in Jenkins. But first will spend more time on [text], [functor] and [lang].
Thanks!Bruno

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Whenever I've felt like there is "too much work and too little people to do
it", I remind myself Apache is not a job (unless someone is paying you for
your work), but a volunteer organization. Everyone does what he/she wants
to do... and if it's not personally fun or interesting, those people will
move on. The same with you, too. Enjoy participating and don't get
overwhelmed with any expectations, because there are no expectations put on
you.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: [ALL] Do we need help?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/12/2014 00:42, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> Hello Benedikt!
> I guess I'm being too cautious to commit or work on issues in other components :)

Don't worry about it. Everything at Commons is CTR (commit-then-review).
The worse thing that can happen is that you have to revert a commit.

It is much better to commit 10 different fixes and have to revert a
couple of them than not fixing anything at all.

Mark