Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger Hendrix at Baldor-IS <RH...@baldor.com> on 2006/12/13 16:15:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Best way to activate changes in PRODUCTION Apache system without stopping and starting server

Greetings:

A simple question!

I have a production system running Apache 2.2 over a SLES10 linux operating system.

I have made changes to the SSL links in a virtual host that is running on the server.

Is there a way to activate these changes without doing an rcapache2 stop  & reapache2 start?

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Roger Hendrix

Re: [users@httpd] Best way to activate changes in PRODUCTION Apache system without stopping and starting server

Posted by Jaqui Greenlees <ja...@yahoo.ca>.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/stopping.html#graceful

> Joshua.

Yup, usually apachectl restart so it should be in SEL,
Novell wouldn't forget that type of functionality.

Re: [users@httpd] Best way to activate changes in PRODUCTION Apache system without stopping and starting server

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.