Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Connie Chan <cc...@drfirst.com> on 2001/07/12 15:25:23 UTC

apache + tomcat + virtual hosts

Hi,
Currently, I'm using apache with tomcat.  I have set up the server such
that it serves a default web server, ssl server (being set up as a
virtual host with using port 443), and a virtual host (with using port
80).  But the document root for default web server and virtual host is
mixed up. My virtual host and default web server are using the same IP
address. When I type the default web server, the welcome file for
virtual host displays. When I type the virtual host, the welcome file
for the virtual host displays as well. However, if I specify port 8080
(the HTTP port for tomcat) in the url (for testing tomcat only without
going thru apache), the default web url would display the correct
welcome page.
In my httpd.conf, I have declared
DocumentRoot d:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/myapp
AND
<VirtualHost dev.mycomp.com:80>
ServerName vh1.mycomp.com
DocumentRoot d:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/vh1
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /servlet/* ajp12
JkMount /email/* ajp12
<Directory "d:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/vh1/META-INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory "d:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/vh1/WEB-INF/">
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>