Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com> on 2011/08/29 23:15:18 UTC

book update in progress

Hi folks-

The HBase book has been udpated…  http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

There are a LOT of changes in here…

 *   Schema Design
    *   More on rowkey design, TTL, and versioning
 *   Developing Hbase
    *   Lots more on the path process and common feedback items
 *   New Operations Management chapter
    *   Mostly a port of the tools that was formerly in the appendix, plus some new stuff
 *   New External APIs chapter
    *   REST & Thrift info
 *   Performance
    *   Network tips
 *   Architecture
    *   ROOT and META overview

The multipart book update is still in progress due to some technical snafus…  stay tuned!

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
doug.meil@explorys.com

Re: book update in progress (dev list)

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Thanks!  I'll add to the chapter.

Re: FW: book update in progress (dev list)

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
15.6.1

Re: book update in progress

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi folks-

Seems like everything got up there ok.  Let me know if anybody has any
issues.

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi Dev-List folks-