Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Josef Haj�k <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/12 15:31:59 UTC

Summer of Code, james-imap (URGENT)

Dear  Jason Webb,

I am a student of the department of Computer Science at the University of
Bristol in the UK.
I have recently discovered that google provides the summer of code for
students.

This academic year 2004/2005 I was analysing and designing an individual
project based
on the IMAP4rev1 protocol called The Consistent IMAP Protocol, therefore I
am highly
interested in the project james-imap offered for the Google's summer of
code.

As I was designing my CMAP mail server (CMAP is my version of IMAP protocol,
that is based on consistency issues), I have very good knowledge of the
protocol.

I read that your deadline was roughly June 7th, therefore I am not sure if I
am late in applying.

Please, could you let me know asap if I can apply for this project?

Best Wishes
Josef Hajak

RE: Summer of Code, james-imap (URGENT)

Posted by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com>.
Hi Josef.
I believe you have to apply through Google and you still have until the 14th
(I think)
I assume that we (James) will be told when and how we need to make a
decision.

-- Jason