Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Pills <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> on 2007/11/30 12:00:56 UTC

Generating email body with wicket

Hi everybody,

just a little question: is there a way to use wicket to generate the body of
an html email?

I mean, is it possible to output a page in an another place than the
servlet's response outup (like a ByteArrayOutputStream)?

If yes, then I'll be able to put it to my email's body ;)

Thanks

Re: Generating email body with wicket

Posted by Nazmi ZORLU <na...@srcbilisim.com>.
I solve this one like that (I'm not sure if it is a good way or not) :

My Contact Form's HTML Part:
<form wicket:id="contactForm">
            <th colspan="2">Contact Us</th>

My InputModel:
public final class ContactFormInputModel implements Serializable {
    private String name;

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }

My Email Template Page (HTML) Part
                <th colspan="2" bgcolor="#DFDFDF">New Contact Form
Entry</th>

My Email Template Page (Java) Part
public class ContactFormMail extends WebPage {
    private ContactFormInputModel model;

    public ContactFormMail(ContactFormInputModel model) {
        this.model = model;
        add(new Label("name", this.model.getName()));
    }

    public String getSource() {
        BufferedWebResponse resp =
(BufferedWebResponse)RequestCycle.get().getResponse();
        return resp.toString();
    }

When I need an HTML source of an email in a form's onSubmit() method:
            ContactFormMail mailContent = new
ContactFormMail((ContactFormInputModel)getModelObject());
            mailContent.render();
            String *htmlSource *= mailContent.getSource();

I hope this helps!

--
Nazmi ZORLU