Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Go...@geind.ge.com on 2002/03/26 14:26:02 UTC

Unable to install SOAP 2.2 properly on Tomcat 3.3a

Hi All,

I am trying to setup SOAP 2.2 services on a Tomcat 3.3a web-server running
on Sun SPARC machine running Solaris 5.6. I am able to get the
"http://localhost:8080/soap/admin/index.html" page after the installation.
But on hitting the "Deploy" icon I am getting the following errors:

================================
Error 500:
Location: /soap/admin/deploy.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
Note: sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated.
/space/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/soap/admin/deploy_1.java:9:
Package org.apache.soap.util not found in import.
import org.apache.soap.util.*;
          ^
/space/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/soap/admin/deploy_1.java:10:
Package org.apache.soap.util.xml not found in import.
import  org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
           ^
/space/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/soap/admin/deploy_1.java:11:
Package org.apache.soap.server not found in import.
import  org.apache.soap.server.*;
           ^
3 errors, 1 warning
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.javac(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

=====================================

I am running J2SDK 1.4.0. I have also setup JAF 1.0.1, JavaMail 1.2, Xerces
1.4.3, and Xalan 2.3.1 on the machine. I have incorporated references to the
respective JAR files in the CLASSPATH.

I would appreciate your inputs towards solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Gowri Shankar R

Are "PUSH" based solutions possible with SOAP?? If yes, how?

Posted by Go...@geind.ge.com.
Hi All,

I would like to know if "PUSH" based solutions are possible over SOAP
transport. I would like to know if an web-service server can send data
to 'selected' clients based on different application needs like periodic
updates, event based updtaes etc.

If this is possible, could you let me know how such solution is to be
designed. Also lead me to sites / sources where I could get relevant
information on concepts, design and implementation of such solutions.

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Gowri Shankar R.