Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Scott Kinney <sc...@stem.com> on 2016/07/22 20:20:14 UTC

deploy dockerized drill cluster

I have built a drill docker images very much like https://github.com/bigstepinc/apache-drill/blob/master/Dockerfile

I volume mount a drill-override.conf file that looks like:

drill.exec:{
  cluster-id: drill1,
  zk.connect: 192.1.1.1:2181",
  sys.store.provider.local.path: "/drill-storage",
  store.json.all_text_mode: True,
  store.json.read_numbers_as_double: True
}

it seems to be connecting to the zookeeper (otherwise it would fail right? i should actually confirm this).

I know it is picking up my s3 plugin that i volume mount inside /drill-storage but it's not setting the json all_text_mode and read_numbers_as_double.

I have a drill-embeded instance that seems to pick these json setting from the drill-override file just fine.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

________________________________
Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem <http://www.stem.com/>   |   m  510.282.1299
100 Rollins Road, Millbrae, California 94030

This e-mail and/or any attachments contain Stem, Inc. confidential and proprietary information and material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use or distribution that has not been expressly authorized by Stem, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

Re: deploy dockerized drill cluster

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
So I think part of the problem here is the options on json are stored in
the zookeeper. Are you running the Zookeepers in the docker containers, in
separate docker containers, or completely separate?  For those settings,
I'd boot strap the cluster by itself, get it up and running, and then use
the ALTER SYSTEM set  command, either from SQLLINE or using the Rest API.
Then they will persist int he Zookeeper information.

I know I asked a similar question, because I wanted new clusters to be able
to be setup to use specified admin users. (I.e. I wanted to provide my list
of users that were admins prior to the first drill bit starting, and there
wasn't an easy way to do that at the time I asked).

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jesse Yates
Founder/CEO Fineo.io