Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrew Easter <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 15:01:58 UTC

Pretty Session URLs

Sorry everyone if this question has been posted before (I've searched the
mailing list and not found a definitive answer)...

With the help of this list, I now have a good grasp of URL mounting/encoding
- at least for bookmarkable pages. My issue is how to ensure that session
based URLs don't give away the fact that the application uses Wicket.

An example:

I've been experimenting with pageable data views and noticed that, when
paging through some search results, the URLs are appended with something
similar to this:

?wicket:interface=:0:1:::

Now, I'm not concerned that this makes the page not bookmarkable - but it
would still be nice if these session type URLs did not have to contain the
word "wicket". Is there some way of getting round this? i.e. make them a
little more pretty and not an implementation giveaway?

There is also the question of whether there is a way of using the
PagingNavigator without having to rely on session parameters. However, I'm
assuming the best way to solve this would be to write custom code. At the
end of the day, if one wants to essentially have bookmarkable paging, it
will require moving the paging parameters into the query string.

Any help on my first point (pretty session URLs) would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

Re: Pretty Session URLs

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@yahoo.com>.