Posted to user@storm.apache.org by 이승진 <sw...@navercorp.com> on 2015/06/22 11:47:28 UTC

storm-kafka, consumer group support?

Hi all.

Is it possible to use storm-kafka consumers as one consumer group so that two topologies read the same kafka topic in alternating manner?

I think it's not possible currently, if this is the case, wouldn't it be valuable if we support this?

purpose of this functionality is to run topologies without any service down time and also any duplicates in consuming logs.

Re: storm-kafka, consumer group support?

Posted by Seungtack Baek <se...@precocityllc.com>.
Although I don't have extensive knowledge in kafkaspout, I have always
thought that if you have same customerID in the same zookeeper, it will
read from same node in zookeeper, thus one topology reading a message will
update the offset for the both topologies.. I might be wrong tho.

*Seungtack Baek | Precocity, LLC*

Tel/Direct: (972) 378-1030 | Mobile: (214) 477-5715

*SeungtackBaek@precocityllc.com <Se...@precocityllc.com>* |
www.precocityllc.com

This is the end of this message.

Posted by 이승진 <sw...@navercorp.com>.