Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/17 13:20:19 UTC

date function source

i have a camel route that uses a date function:

.setProperty("dateNow",simple("${date:now:HHmmssSSS}"))
.log("dateNow:${property.dateNow}")

I'm curious what controls the date stamp here.  on some systems, it uses
clock time, and on some it uses gmt time.  on my windows system, it uses
clock time, on one RHEL system it uses clock time, on serveral other RHEL
systems, it uses gmt time.

java has user.timezone set on all the systems, on RHEL, it is US/Eastern,
and on my windows workstation, it is America/New_York.

thanks!

Re: date function source

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
It uses the JDK Date API so whatever it uses - is used by Camel.

--
Claus Ibsen