Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matt Coarr <mc...@mitre.org> on 2002/12/14 01:36:46 UTC

nesting tasks within apply (or something similar)

Hello,

Is it possible to nest task invocations inside of a "apply" task?  Or
maybe nesting "java" task calls?

I guess I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to a for each
looping construct construct that can invoke other tasks.  Something
roughly akin to how JSP taglibs tags can nest?

Regards,
Matt

Re: nesting tasks within apply (or something similar)

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Matt Coarr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to nest task invocations inside of a "apply" task?  Or
> maybe nesting "java" task calls?

Not directly.  <apply> is simply an iteration over <exec> essentially.
Its just for launching command-line tools - but you could launch java or
ant itself (I assume) if you make the right incantation.

	Erik