Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ayub Khan <ay...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/17 18:49:50 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite help, # in input url

 Could some one assist me with creating a rewrite rule in httpd 2.2.4?

http://localhost:8080/share/page/repository#filter=path%7C%2FUser%25Homes%2F
<2ALFANUMERIC>%2F<ALFANUMERIC>%2F<DYNAMICTEXT>%7C&page=1

http://localhost:8080/share/page/context/mine/myfiles#filter=path%2F
<2ALFANUMERIC>/<ALFANUMERIC>%2F<DYNAMICTEXT>

Below is sample:

http://localhost:8080/share/page/repository#filter=path%7C%2FUser%2520Homes%2Fm8%2Fm84448%2FTestFolder%7C&page=1

http://localhost:8080/share/page/context/mine/myfiles#filter=path%2Fm8%2Fm84448

I tried to do the rewrite rule however # in the base rule does not seem to
valid

Thank you
Ayub

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite help, # in input url

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Ayub Khan <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. I want to match the text which is  follows #  and
> grab a substring from it. Not sure if its possible with mod_rewrite ?

Have a look at the access log. You'll notice that anything after the #
isn't actually sent with the request to the server, but is, rather, a
client-side "anchor", processed by the browser to find an anchor in
HTML markup.

Thus, you're not going to be able to write rewrite rules to handle this.

Consider, instead, using '?' to pass additional arguments in the query string

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite help, # in input url

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
It is not possible. The string after the `#` is NEVER sent to the server
(that is because of the way the browser works and there is nothing the
server can do about it).  The ONLY way to send it to the server would be to
have some client-side scripting that captures and sends it as a real query
string (using a `?`).

- Y

Posted by Ayub Khan <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.