Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/08 12:40:35 UTC

Running Airavata in standalone mode

Hi Suresh/ Marcus,

I'm trying to run Airavata in standalone mode by running ServerMain class
in airavata-standalone-server module using Idea. However I came across this
[1] error trail. Now I'm working on investigating them one by one and
please suggest what I can do to fix them if you have come across with same
issues before. In the mean time, if you can send me a sample
airavata-server.properties file and the dump of a database, it will be
really helpful.

[1] https://gist.github.com/DImuthuUpe/dffd0275022dcd0242b1ad1bd762298a

Thanks
Dimuthu

Re: Running Airavata in standalone mode

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Dimuthu,

I’ll separately send you the airavata-server.properties file and the database dump tarball and credential store keystore, but I wanted to document here how I created these.

airavata-server.properties:

* I copied this from our dev environment (apidev.scigap.org<http://apidev.scigap.org>)
* Changed database urls to localhost and username ‘airavata’ with password 'airavata’.  You can change this if you want or you can create a MariaDB user with username ‘airavata’ and password ‘airavata’.
* Changed service urls to localhost.
* NOTE: you’ll need to set a email username and password for job monitoring, see these two properties:

email.based.monitor.address=
email.based.monitor.password=

* NOTE: you’ll need to set the path to the credential store keystore. I’ll send this file to you too.

credential.store.keystore.url=/path/to/dev_airavata_sym.jks

* Changed rabbitmq broker url to localhost.
* Changed Zookeeper to run in embedded mode.
* Turned off API and TLS security.

Dumping the databases:

mysqldump --hex-blob app_catalog > app_catalog.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob credential_store > credential_store.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob experiment_catalog > experiment_catalog.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob profile_service > profile_service.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob replica_catalog > replica_catalog.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob sharing_catalog > sharing_catalog.sql
mysqldump --hex-blob workflow_catalog > workflow_catalog.sql

* NOTE: you’ll need to load these into your local MySQL database.

Thanks,

Marcus

On Dec 8, 2017, at 9:03 AM, Christie, Marcus Aaron <ma...@iu.edu>> wrote:

Hi Dimuthu,

I’ll get the airavata-server.properties and database dump to you today.