Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Andrews, Keith" <Ke...@alliedtelesis.com> on 2016/08/27 18:13:10 UTC

Web Client support

Hello,

Guacamole can provide a great web-based proxy connection to SSH, TELNET, RDP and VNC hosts that reside on another network (provided that the server running guac has access to both the user and managed host.

User ---(network A)--->Guac Server---(networkB)--->(SSH, TELNET, VNC, RDP Host)

It would be great if guac could also be used to connect to web managed devices that reside on a network only accessible to guac and not the user.

 User ---(network A)--->Guac Server---(networkB)--->(HTTP/S)

Has anybody extend support for this?  Is there an available extention?

Thanks,
Keith

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's e-mail System Administrator.

Re: Web Client support

Posted by Steve Karam <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Keith,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your use case, but it sounds like all you need is an nginx reverse proxy. Users connect to nginx, and the nginx host proxies connections to the target systems.

I actually do this in a cloud lab system I designed to proxy port 80 on a central server to different lab systems on port 8080 (guac) depending on the URL. The backend servers can't be accessed directly.