Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Philip Peterson <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/19 01:52:12 UTC

runtime boost of differnet indexs in ParallelMultiSearcher

Hello,

Is there a way to, at run time, boost one index over another in a
ParallelMultiSearcher.

So if I have 4 indexes a,b,c,d and user A searches their results lean
toward index a
and user B searches his results are boosted toward index b etc.

Thanks so much in advance,
I tried to see if there was any information on the in varius places
(including the GREAT book on lucene)

But I may have missed it.

thanks
Philip Peterson.

Re: runtime boost of differnet indexs in ParallelMultiSearcher

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Sep 18, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Philip Peterson wrote:
> Is there a way to, at run time, boost one index over another in a
> ParallelMultiSearcher.
>
> So if I have 4 indexes a,b,c,d and user A searches their results lean
> toward index a
> and user B searches his results are boosted toward index b etc.
>
> Thanks so much in advance,
> I tried to see if there was any information on the in varius places
> (including the GREAT book on lucene)

No, we don't cover this sort of thing in LIA.

One option is to create your own fork of ParallelMultiSearcher and
boost the scores for the desired index in the relevant .search
methods (excluding the HitCollector one).  It should be a minor tweak
to accomplish this.  Maybe something general along these lines is
worth adding to both MultiSearcher and ParallelMultiSearcher to allow
a hook point for this?

     Erik