Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Capper <mj...@avetana.de> on 2008/08/05 15:06:19 UTC

T5: Palette and JWebUnit

Hi,
finally i've been allowed to look into Autamated Testing, and chose JWebUnit
with HttpUnit. Then after building some successful test for login and
entering some data,  i failed writing a working test against a beaneditform
with a Tapestry Palette. Short form of the test:

setWorkingForm("...");
selectOptionsByValues("palette:avail", "...");
clickButton("palette:select");
submit();

I don't get any errors from that itself, but after submit the bean was
unchanged with respect to this palette.
Problem seems to be those two select elements: I can select some of the
"palette:avail"-select-entries, but after clicking "palette:select" or
submitting they are not sent to the server, but i assume some javascript
instead adds them as options to the "palette"-select. Thus i was not able to
select these options in JWebUnit (list is empty), and could not set my bean
as desired.

Anybody tried this? Sorry if this is too much of a JWebUnit-Question to
belong in this forum, i just though you guys know your way in Testing :)
I'm hoping for the correct procedure to submit a Palette with JWebUnit, or
maybe a workaround with which i can set the selected options manually even
if the current select-options in the form does not actually include them.

Thanks!

Somewhat unrelated, i also tried to add jwebunit-selenium to my pom.xml in
eclipse, and used the selenium IDE to generate some tests, which i wanted to
run out of eclipse. but when i ran those test, i only got a
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Catch body broken: IOException ...
Connection refused. When adding the dependency to jwebunit-selenium i also
break my jwebunit-httpunit , getting the same exception there.

Greetings from Karlsruhe,
Michael