Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net> on 2019/09/16 13:13:31 UTC

Login failed

We're using guacamole 1.0.0 with Apache/MySQL in a Windows AD environment
and recently e
every user account is receiving an Invalid Login error when trying to
login. Not really sure what precipitated this, but all I'm seeing in the
Tomcat logs is

>Authentication attempt for from [...] for user "..." failed.

The guacamole service account can login to RDP just fine, so I'm inclined
to think the issue is on the Guacamole side, but I'm not sure. Does anyone
have any suggestions or idea what could cause this?

Erik Berndt / Systems Administrator

--

This
 e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are

addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person

responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be

advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,

dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately
notify Superior Paving Corp. by telephone at (703)
631-0004.  You will be
reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in
notifying us.

Re: Login failed

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net>
wrote:

> We're using guacamole 1.0.0 with Apache/MySQL in a Windows AD environment
> and recently e
> every user account is receiving an Invalid Login error when trying to
> login. Not really sure what precipitated this, but all I'm seeing in the
> Tomcat logs is
>
> >Authentication attempt for from [...] for user "..." failed.
>
> The guacamole service account can login to RDP just fine, so I'm inclined
> to think the issue is on the Guacamole side, but I'm not sure. Does anyone
> have any suggestions or idea what could cause this?

The usual suspect with AD authentication on that version of Guacamole is
issues with referral following, so you might either try the option to
disable it, or point at port 3268 on the domain controller, instead, which
is the global catalog.

Beyond that, a more complete log dump from Guacamole would help diagnose it.

-Nick