Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2007/06/12 20:50:10 UTC

RE: HELP!!! SA timing out after 3.2 upgrade-FIXED

Sorry all

I just panicked -

I didn't know that upgrading would replace my startup script - So I just
added the arguments back into the startup script.

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I didn't know that upgrading would replace my startup script - So I just
> added the arguments back into the startup script.

Most distro packages include a place for you to put startup options that
override the default ones, and don't get overwritten on upgrades.  This
includes any of the third-party packages I know of, too.

On most RedHat-ish systems, this is /etc/sysconfig/<daemon name>.

On most Debian-ish systems, this is /etc/default/<daemon name>.

It's usually not a good idea to modify the init scripts directly on any
system that has a package manager installing prepackaged files.

I can't speak for any other systems or install methods.

-kgd

RE: HELP!!! SA timing out after 3.2 upgrade-NOT