Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/10/05 17:03:23 UTC

Re: Proofing Tool GUI V2.1 - 20130923 - Released

On 28/09/2013 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I was just wondering if someone could upload somewhere a list of all the
> words from the AOO en_GB dictionary?
> JZA and I tried to unmunch the "obfuscated" .dic and .aff but it
> resulted in a corrupt filelist.

Same for me, unfortunately. With my (outdated) copy of unmunch I get
output like:

$ unmunch hyph_en_GB.dic en_GB.aff
ut5s1m4
u2t1t4
ut4to2n4e

and nothing resembling the real English words that the main Hunspell
tool can extract from the compressed/obfuscated dictionary.

As I've already written, I'm only packaging this stuff, but not
maintaining it.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Re: Proofing Tool GUI V2.1 - 20130923 - Released

Posted by Stuart Swales <st...@croftnuisk.co.uk>.
I would be tempted to go back to to David Bartlett's well-commented
originals and work forwards from there:

http://en-gb.pyxidium.co.uk/dictionary/OOo.php

Stuart

--