Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stéphanie Cettou <s....@gmail.com> on 2010/03/31 16:08:11 UTC

Windows Local user Login

Hi,

it is possible to do a windows authentication using local window xp
users and Tomcat?

I have Tomcat 5.5 and I will make a login to a jsp web site.
I tested with

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" ....

and

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
for Active directory users.

It is possible to use the local windows users? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Stéphanie

Re: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Stéphanie Cettou <s....@gmail.com>.
I have SQL server 2000...

If I decide to use active directory I need to write my code to catch
exceptions when user logs in with expired, inactive, etc. passwords?
It is possible to catch this exceptions from active directory to java?

Thanks!

RE: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov>.
What database are you using?

Re: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Stéphanie Cettou <s....@gmail.com>.
Thanks!!!
Now, I have a best idea.

I will "analyse" all this for the next week.

A very big Thanks!
Stéphanie

Re: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Stéphanie Cettou <s....@gmail.com>.
No, I'm not sure what I want...the only things sure is my mandatory
(and optional) rules...but I don't know how I will make this...
I ask for the windows local user while for me is more simple to create
local user that install a new server with active directory...but if is
necessary (or best) I can install it.
Now, I am writing to understand wich solution I must to take...

So:
- the webapp running in a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server environment.
Active directory is NOT use in this server.
- I don't know what I do...but nobody here can do this....I must learn it..
- Actually the users authenticate with a user/passwords/roles in a SQL
2000 Database. I use
<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
             connectionURL="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://acer1/ServiceCenter;user=sa;password=sa;namedPipe=true"
             userTable="Users" userNameCol="UserId" userCredCol="Password"
             userRoleTable="UsersFeatures" roleNameCol="FeatureID" />

like standard tomcat authentication. But, I need to change to
implement my goal..

a) Do you have AD already? No
b) Do you have to authenticate against local Microsoft Windows User
DB? not mandatory
c) Can you use your own database? Yes (but I must to be implement
complex authentication)

Thank you very much Christopher for your help!

Re: Windows Local user Login

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Windows Local user Login

Re: Windows Local user Login