Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2011/07/27 20:25:48 UTC

[JCS] Long standing update: Switched to JDK 5 and Maven 2

Hi folks,

I finished the updates to JDK 5 generics and concurrent and updated the
maven-2 build. Still some tests fail, others should never have passed. I
would like to ask for close review because I basically touched
everything. I tried to fix some obvious problems and typos on the way.

My impression was that a lot of things could be simplified although I
have been wrong on such judgements before...

For example, I'd suggest to remove the tempbuilds and rather create more
releases.

Your comments are welcome.

Bye, Thomas

Re: [JCS] Long standing update: Switched to JDK 5 and Maven 2

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 04.08.11 01:08, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I cp -R'ed the site over, but it should be republished more gracefully.

Sorry for the delay, I still need to find the time to move the site to
Maven-2. Will re-publish when that is done.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I finished the updates to JDK 5 generics and concurrent and updated the
>> maven-2 build. Still some tests fail, others should never have passed. I
>> would like to ask for close review because I basically touched
>> everything. I tried to fix some obvious problems and typos on the way.
>>

> Separately, would you be able to publish the JCS site here:
>
>  http://commons.apache.org/jcs
>
> Above 404s from Commons homepage link.

<snip/>

I cp -R'ed the site over, but it should be republished more gracefully.

> Once its posted, I can redirect from the Jakarta site to the Commons
> counterpart (for BCEL as well).

<snap/>

Redirects now in place.

-Rahul

Re: [JCS] Long standing update: Switched to JDK 5 and Maven 2

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I finished the updates to JDK 5 generics and concurrent and updated the
> maven-2 build. Still some tests fail, others should never have passed. I
> would like to ask for close review because I basically touched
> everything. I tried to fix some obvious problems and typos on the way.

<snip/>

Separately, would you be able to publish the JCS site here:

  http://commons.apache.org/jcs

Above 404s from Commons homepage link.

Once its posted, I can redirect from the Jakarta site to the Commons
counterpart (for BCEL as well).

> My impression was that a lot of things could be simplified although I
> have been wrong on such judgements before...
>
> For example, I'd suggest to remove the tempbuilds and rather create more
> releases.

<snap/>

Indeed, one of the good things about the Commons move is things like
tempbuilds won't be able to survive here :-)

-Rahul

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 28.07.11 08:55, Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Mind if I upgrade JCS to Lang 3.0?
>
> No problem, go ahead. Only that JCS doesn't use the new features.

Done. I also started a 2.0 side of things in the changes.xml to track
the 2.0 changes.

Hen

Re: [JCS] Long standing update: Switched to JDK 5 and Maven 2

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.