Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Marco Villalobos <mv...@kineteque.com> on 2020/12/08 21:29:07 UTC

relating tumbling windows to each other

GIVEN two windows (ProcessWindowFunction), window A, and window B,
AND window A is a tumbling processing time window of 15 minutes
AND 200000 records entered window A, and performs its business logic.

How can I assure that Window B will process exactly all the records
that left window A within the same window?

Re: relating tumbling windows to each other

Posted by Marco Villalobos <mv...@kineteque.com>.
I need to elaborate on my use case.  I would like the SQL api to do
aggregation for me in an SQL TUMBLING window.
But I want the next window to perform business logic on all the
records just aggregated in a DataStream ProcessWindowFunction.
This would be a mix of SQL and DataStream API.