Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/10 19:19:53 UTC

GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Hello,

in Apache Camel we are in a discussion whether or not it's possible to use
(and in which way) GNU-AGPL-3.0 licensed software (MongoDB in particular).

I couldn't find any information about this license in [1]. It's may also
helpful for other projects to list this license at [1].

You can find the MongoDB license at [2], [3] and [4]. As you can see, it's
a mixed GNU-AGPL-3.0 and ASL-2.0 license.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
[2] https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/blob/master/README
[3] https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/blob/master/GNU-AGPL-3.0.txt
[4] https://github.com/mongodb/mongo/blob/master/APACHE-2.0.txt

Thanks in advance for your help,
Christian

Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AGLP-3.0 would go under Category X and is covered by the GNU GPL bullet. (We
> may need to spell it out explicitly as the link [5] on the 3party page [1]
> only points to gpl 2.0 and 3.0, while affero [6] is slightly different, i.e.
> even more restrictive).
>
> [5] http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php
> [6] http://opensource.org/licenses/AGPL-3.0

It's there -- you may have missed it as it uses a different but equivalent link:

<li><a href="http://www.opensource.org/licenses/agpl-v3.html">Affero
GPL 3</a></li>

> Hadrian

- Sam Ruby

Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

--
Hadrian Zbarcea
Principal Software Architect

Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Rob for the clarification!

Best,
Christian

Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

yes this is exactly the use case. Thank you for the clarification.

Best,
Christian

Re: GNU-AGPL-3.0 license

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.