Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by bsavard <bs...@zmartests.com> on 2019/09/25 17:56:29 UTC

Issue with Centos 7.7 and FreeRDP 2.0

Hi,

After upgrading my server to Centos 7.7, my Guacamole server was no longer
able to find RDP library.  I was getting the following Error:  Support for
protocol "rdp" is not installed.

I found that the upgrade included a update of FreeRDP lib from version
1.0.2-15 to 2.0.0-1.rc4.

the ./configure command in guacamole server is also returning that the
library is not installed.
   Library status:
     freerdp ............. no

So, it sounds like something is missing with the latest version of FreeRDP.

I did a rollback to version 1.0.2-15 and my Guacamole server starts working
again.  But the ./configure command still return:
   Library status:
     freerdp ............. no

Even with the library back to the old version, so something is still broken
but I can't find what is wrong.

Did someone had similar issues?

BTW I'm using version 0.9.14.

Thanks.

Re: Issue with Centos 7.7 and FreeRDP 2.0

Posted by bsavard <bs...@zmartests.com>.
Wow. You were right on.  I forgot to revert back the -devel package as well.
Now ./configure return yes for freerdp.

Here is the command I used to revert back freerdp to 1.x version on CentOs
7.  In case someone encounter the same issue after a server upgrade.

yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="C7.6.1810-base" install
freerdp-libs-1.0.2-15.el7.x86_64
yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="C7.6.1810-base" install
freerdp-plugins-1.0.2-15.el7.x86_64
yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="C7.6.1810-base" install
freerdp-devel-1.0.2-15.el7.x86_64
yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="C7.6.1810-base" install
freerdp-1.0.2-15.el7.x86_64

Many thanks.

Bruno Savard

Re: Issue with Centos 7.7 and FreeRDP 2.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:06 AM bsavard <bs...@zmartests.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After upgrading my server to Centos 7.7, my Guacamole server was no longer
> able to find RDP library.  I was getting the following Error:  Support for
> protocol "rdp" is not installed.
>
> I found that the upgrade included a update of FreeRDP lib from version
> 1.0.2-15 to 2.0.0-1.rc4.
>
> the ./configure command in guacamole server is also returning that the
> library is not installed.
>    Library status:
>      freerdp ............. no
>
> So, it sounds like something is missing with the latest version of FreeRDP.

Not missing, just incompatible. Code written for FreeRDP 1.x cannot work
with FreeRDP 2.x without being rewritten. I am currently working to do this:

> I did a rollback to version 1.0.2-15 and my Guacamole server starts working
> again.  But the ./configure command still return:
>    Library status:
>      freerdp ............. no
>
> Even with the library back to the old version, so something is still broken
> but I can't find what is wrong.

Are you missing the -devel package?

If you have the -devel package for the 1.0.2-15 version and configure still
doesn't recognize the presence of the library, the config.log file created
by configure might reveal what test is failing and why.

- Mike