Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/06/09 10:54:40 UTC

Continuum or Hudson?

Hi,

We currently have two continuous integration setups for Sling:

Continuum:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?projectGroupId=53

Hudson:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Sling/

I don't have much experience with Continuum, but every time I try to
do something on vmbuild it's very slow and painful. Seems like that
box is overburdened, and the UI is not very easy to use, IMHO.

The Hudson setup, OTOH, took me only about an hour of work from
scratch, with no previous knowledge of Hudson, and has been running
smoothly ever since. Including automatically picking up changes in
parent POMs when new modules are created or whem modules are moved,
which is very convenient. The overall experience has been much better
for me.

I don't think we need two CI servers - what do people think of
dropping Continuum, and keeping only Hudson?

-Bertrand

Re: Continuum or Hudson?

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
2009/6/9 Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>:
>> As people here seem to prefer Hudson, lets use that one.
>
> I have no experience with TeamCity [1] but I feel this could be
> another option. Any feedback with this tool?

Yes, we're using it in our shop. It was a breeze to set up, and
doesn't make any noise unless there's something wrong.

I don't know Hudson well enough to compare features, though.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Continuum or Hudson?

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
> As people here seem to prefer Hudson, lets use that one.

I have no experience with TeamCity [1] but I feel this could be
another option. Any feedback with this tool?

[1] http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/

Juanjo.

Re: Continuum or Hudson?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I don't care which one we use - as long as it is working and not
spamming the mailing list :) (like the Felix Bamboo does as it sends a
mail with each build which is triggered by each commit).
And I agree to just use one server :)

As people here seem to prefer Hudson, lets use that one.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Continuum or Hudson?

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
> I don't have much experience with Continuum, but every time I try to
> do something on vmbuild it's very slow and painful. Seems like that
> box is overburdened, and the UI is not very easy to use, IMHO.

My experience with Continuum is not good either.

> I don't think we need two CI servers - what do people think of
> dropping Continuum, and keeping only Hudson?

+1 (Hudson)

BR,

Juanjo.

Re: Continuum or Hudson?

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
+1,
Having run both outside Apache, I found Hudson maven support better.
(IMVHO)

Ian