Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Dunstall, Christopher" <cd...@csu.edu.au> on 2009/07/09 06:53:34 UTC

Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Hi,

Lately, I've been getting some really bizarre behaviour from running junit tests in Maven 1.0.2.

The tests were written in Eclipse, where they run fine.  However, when I run a maven target, it runs the junit test but shows an error.  As a result, it finishes up as the build has failed.

    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.74 sec
    [junit] Running au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.WebMethodsTest
Service: webmethods:pMDRTarget.flowservices:getCampusName?campusCode=A
webmethods
msi.flowservices
getOutlineInfo
webmethods
msi.flowservices
getOutlineInfo
    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 5, Time elapsed: 0.808 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.WebMethodsTest FAILED

You can see here that it output the information from the test as I expected, but still had 'errors'.  Running the Stacktrace or verbose switch with maven reveals absolutely nothing.

To add even a more bizarre twist to it, some tests run fine with no errors on my Macbook Pro, but on my colleagues Windows box it errors.

More concering is that our continuum install also gets the errors (on a Unix VM), and running the -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true switch isn't possible to my knowledge.

Has anyone seen this before or know what the problem is, it really is driving me batty. :(

Thanks,

Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Not sure how you compare things in your assertions, but it may be
someone in your team who has different svn client settings (EOL style)
or not the correct encoding for the files. This is a certain way to
get strange test results. Write the comparison strings to a file and
open it with a hex editor to see the contents. Do this also on other
failing platforms to see if there's a difference.

Martijn

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Dunstall,
Christopher<cd...@csu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lately, I've been getting some really bizarre behaviour from running junit tests in Maven 1.0.2.
>
> The tests were written in Eclipse, where they run fine.  However, when I run a maven target, it runs the junit test but shows an error.  As a result, it finishes up as the build has failed.
>
>    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.74 sec
>    [junit] Running au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.WebMethodsTest
> Service: webmethods:pMDRTarget.flowservices:getCampusName?campusCode=A
> webmethods
> msi.flowservices
> getOutlineInfo
> webmethods
> msi.flowservices
> getOutlineInfo
>    [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 5, Time elapsed: 0.808 sec
>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST au.edu.csu.ole.msi.impl.dao.test.WebMethodsTest FAILED
>
> You can see here that it output the information from the test as I expected, but still had 'errors'.  Running the Stacktrace or verbose switch with maven reveals absolutely nothing.
>
> To add even a more bizarre twist to it, some tests run fine with no errors on my Macbook Pro, but on my colleagues Windows box it errors.
>
> More concering is that our continuum install also gets the errors (on a Unix VM), and running the -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true switch isn't possible to my knowledge.
>
> Has anyone seen this before or know what the problem is, it really is driving me batty. :(
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
> Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
> Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW
>
> Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Posted by "Dunstall, Christopher" <cd...@csu.edu.au>.
I'll wait and see if someone out there happens to see my email and knows an answer.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me anyway. :)

Chris

On 10/07/09 1:47 PM, "Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So does that mean M1 is no longer supported?

There are just a lot fewer people on this list using M1 than in the
past. So don't be surprised when it takes longer than 24 hrs to get a
response to an M1 question. And, you may never get a response, but
that's true for M2 also.

Wayne

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Posted by "Dunstall, Christopher" <cd...@csu.edu.au>.

On 10/07/09 10:06 AM, "Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No one has seen this at all?

Very few people are running M1 at this point, IME.

Wayne

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 1.0.2 Errors