Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2000/04/17 08:47:10 UTC

Re: [3rd correction] Benchmarking Apache::Registry and Perl Content Handler

Stas Bekman wrote:

> Geez, mod_perl rocks!!!! When I've run the benchmarks on the *strong*
> machine the results were all different!
> 700+ RPS for the hello benchmark!!!
>
> The only mistery left is why registry is so slow on the slow machine
> relative to fast machine??? And yeah I've used the latest apache/mod_perl

The only ideas I have about the difference are mostly
hardware related... CPU L1/L2 cache sizes may differ,
and on your slow CPU may be so small that you end up missing
much of the time to your also possibly slower RAM & bus.

Also too, since you had less RAM on your slower box, you
might have been swapping, though I doubt you would have
let that get by you.

--Joshua