Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajnish Bhaskar <r....@compserv.gla.ac.uk> on 2001/10/17 11:27:43 UTC

IllegalStateException

Hi folks,
I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3 as a service on Windows NT.  I've only
started really 'using' it recently (by that I mean that I've only
recently had projects go live.  Until now, it's just been used for
development).

I've recently started seeing the following stack trace dump on the
screen after it's been used for a while:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null,
who added this ?
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.
java:261)
<<snip>>
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendRedire
ct(HttpServletResponseFacade.java:228)
	at iteu.TutorLogin.doPost(TutorLogin.java:76)
<<snip>>

The last line there is from my app.  This line redirects a tutor to
their appropriate homepage and looks like this:

res.sendRedirect(iteu.Strings.tmMainPage);

This seems to be an intermittant problem.  If I shut down and
restart Tomcat it goes away.  Does anybody have any idea what
might be causing the problem, or is it too general?

TIA,
Raj.

--
Rajnish Bhaskar